Thursday 19 November 2009

AmplituDS (and some more stuff)!

Sorry you haven't heard any ASCIImator DS news for a while. I've been working hard to bring you two new levels for the awesome DS homebrew game 'AmplituDS'.
You can download the levels from this site. If you haven't already played AmplituDS, I seriously reccomend you do so now from the site I posted. It's a remake of an old PS2 music game called Amplitude, which is far more original than Guitar Hero (in fact it was made by the same company, and was a sequel to their first ever game, which looked even more original than that!).

If you enjoy AmplituDS, I think you should then give Marfitude a try. It's not as good as AmplituDS, but it's major advantage is that it will convert any .mod, .xm, .it, or .s3m file into a level, meaning you can play just about every module that ever existed. It's also got multiplayer and some other stuff...

Anyway, it's back to ASCIImator DS for me. I've got a new icon (the old one was just some green 'Aa's in the style of the ASCIImator favicon), which will will be displayed in the menu of your flashcard if the firmwire supports it. Here it is:

You like it?
Also I set up an ASCIImator Wiki, which is pretty empty right now, but should be a good place for information once it's filled up a bit...
Also, I'm thinking you might want to sign up to this blog's RSS feed, or follow me on Twitter (since I have an automatic feed-posting service linked to this blog). It will just save you some time, so it's probably a good thing to do.

[edit]
Also, 1000 frames will be the maximum number. I made a topic on the PAlib forums (which are down now, meaning I'm pretty much on my own when it comes to DS and PAlib-specific stuff) and they said that the DS will be able to handle way more than 100 frames. Via this blog's comments, me and NeonJ decided that 1000 was a sensible maximum amount, so voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment