Sunday 11 October 2009

ACIImator DS - Deciding the Frame Limit: Please Comment!

Could anyone with some programming experience help me here? So far I can only think of setting a limit to the number of frames you're allowed to include in your ASCIImation. Basically I'm storing all the data in a three dimensional array. Here's how I'm initializing it: char frames[100][24][32];
Where 100 is the number of frames, 24 is the height of the frames, and 32 is the width. I did a bit of research, and as far as I know it's not possible to make a limitless array in C++. So the question is, what do you think is a sensible amount for the number of frames? 100? 200? 300? It all depends on the DS's memory, and I don't really know much about that. So PLEEEEEEEEEASE comment to give me a bit of help. Thanks. :D

1 comment:

  1. I believe 1000, as that's the default user max for ASCIImations.

    ReplyDelete