Sunday 20 December 2009

ASCIImator DS - Nearing the first release!

ASCIImator DS is really worked on in very short bursts. Most of the time I do other stuff, then I suddenly get the urge to work on this project. When I am working on it, progress is incredibly swift. The other day I posted this tweet:
My school is closed today! ( yay! #uksnow ) I'm at home, my target for the end of the day is to have completed ASCIImator DS v1.0.
I wasn't able to do that, but it is now very near to a usable and polished release. I found a way to get files over to my micro SD card (since my USB adapter went kaput). I've added some icons which can be pressed with the stylus. Saving and loading works (although you might have a few problems saving and loading with an emulator), and now all I need to do is make the help system and maybe change a few other things. Exciting eh? Everyone's gonna love it!

Note, the 'share' button will not work for the first release. It will be used later on to export ASCIImations to the scrollbar format, which is importable to ASCIImator 3.0, thus providing a way of sharing your 'mations with the outside world.

No comments:

Post a Comment